If you’re one of the lucky ones this cold and flu season to end up with a sinus infection, I have the perfect, all-natural relief for those achy sinuses.
When I’m battling a sinus infection, I do this facial steam 3 times a day. It provides so much soothing relief to my stuffy, swollen sinuses. It’s so simple and quick to throw together, all you need is some essential oils, a citrus and some boiling water. All it takes is just 5 minutes of breathing in the steam and you’ll feel so much relief!
Facial Steam for Sinus Relief
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 mandarin, orange or lemon (I prefer mandarin or orange), cut into wedges
- 4 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- In an electric kettle, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to come to a boil, in a heat-safe bowl, place the wedges of citrus, eucalyptus & lavender oils.
- Once the water comes to a rapid boil, add the water to the bowl.
- Using a medium-sized towel, drape over the back of your head and place your face as close to the steam as possible. Breathe the steam in through your nose (that is, if your congestion allows you to), and breathe out through your mouth. Continue this for at least 5 minutes.
Shop This Article
The content provided in this article is provided for information purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice and consultation, including professional medical advice and consultation; it is provided with the understanding that Sara Without the H is not engaged in the provision or rendering of medical advice or services. The opinions and content included in the article are the views of the author only, and Sara Without the H does not endorse or recommend any such content or information, or any product or service mentioned in the article. You understand and agree that Sara Without the H shall not be liable for any claim, loss, or damage arising out of the use of, or reliance upon any content or information in the article.